Preparation Time = 20 mins Cooking Time = 20 - 25 mins
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 3 cups finely shredded carrots
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pans with paper liners; if desired.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl and sift 3 times and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine sugar, vegetable oil and eggs. Add eggs one at a time until fully combined.
- Mix at low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly while mixing. Mix at high speed for 3 minutes, scraping bowl every minute.
- Turn mixer to slow setting and gradually add all dry ingredients and then shredded carrots until evenly through batter.
- Pour batter into cupcake liners until they are 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes in pan then move to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate with cream cheese frosting and sprinkle with chopped walnuts.