Preparation Time = 20 mins Cooking Time = 20 - 25 mins
Makes 12 cupcakes
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3/4 cup salted butter, room temperature
- 3 egg whites, large
- 2 tsp. coconut extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries, lightly washed
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- 2-3 tbsp. water or cream
- Toasted coconut
- Fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees (325° dark or silicon pans).
- Sift dry ingredients three times.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients, sugar, butter, egg whites, coconut extract, sour cream and milk. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Fill cupcake liners evenly; approx. half way.
- Bake 20-25 minutes. Cupcakes are done when a tooth pick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes, remove to a cooling rack to complete cooling.
- Combine butter and shortening and mix until smooth.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add coconut extract and 1-2 tbsps. of water or cream and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Add a little more water or cream until desired consistency is reached.
- Using a decorator bag and large star tip, top cupcakes with frosting.
- Sprinkle with toasted coconut and finish with a fresh blueberry on top of each cupcake.
Note: Because we have not creamed the butter and sugar, you may see small pieces of butter in the batter, but don't worry as these will melt as they bake.
KITCHEN & COOKING EQUIPMENT REQUIRED
Source: Life, Love and Sugar