Preparation Time = 20 mins Cooking Time = 20 - 25 mins
Makes 24 cupcakes
1. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour 24 muffin cups, or use paper liners or silicon cups. Sift all the dry ingredients together - flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Put to one side.
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Rub between your fingers â€“ it should be smooth, not scratchy.
3. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla and buttermilk.
4. Slowly add the sifted dry ingredients, mixing as little as possible but until well incorporated. Fold in the mashed bananas and shredded apples.
5. Divide evenly between the 24 cups â€“ about half full.
6. Bake in a preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.